Green is Our Theme!
We are proud to participate in the Green initiative to put our stamp on the environment. Santa Clara Convention Center has been recognized as one of the most environmentally friendly buildings in the nation. The City of Santa Clara, along with the Santa Clara CVB,are also making strides and being recognized for their efforts in going Green.
How the Convention Center is making an impact:
- Green Power Partnership level with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Green Power Partner with Silicon Valley Power. By purchasing Green Power “clean energy,” the Convention Center saves the environment by avoiding the release of 933 tons of carbon dioxide. To give you a better idea of the impact that is on the environment, it is the equivalent to taking 171 cars off the road for one year or planting 777 acres of forest. Pretty impressive!
- Waste Reduction Awards Program (WRAP) award winner for eight years and has reduced waste by over 100 tons annually.
- Recycling wherever possible since 2002, including paper, glass, cardboard, and aluminum. Also, recycled paper products are bought in bulk and equipment that is no longer being used is sold for use elsewhere.
- The full-service caterer, ARAMARK, makes an effort to positively impact the environment by presenting Green options to event planners and also contributes food to Second Harvest Food Bank.
Santa Clara Convention Center is honored to have received multiple awards and is thrilled to have such a positive impact on the environment whenever possible. The Santa Clara Convention Center received the Green Power Champion Certificate for purchasing 100% renewable wind and solar energy and also the Green Power Champion Corporate Half-Turbine Level award for committing to supporting the generation of 1,608-megawatt hours of renewable energy. Another notable achievement is that Santa Clara has purchased over 1.5 million kilowatt hours of clean energy.